“Our water is my focus”
Dear Friends & Neighbors:
I am running for re-election for the Board of Marina Coast Water District (MCWD) in November 2018. With your support, this will be my third term.
- I defend groundwater quality. I am volunteering with Protect Monterey County, promoting the ban of fracking and trying to stop injection of untreated wastewater into the Salinas Valley Groundwater Basin (SVGB).
- I work on groundwater management. In 2016 I participated with the Environmental Caucus of the Collaborative Working Group of the SVGB for the new Groundwater Sustainability Act. In 2017, I supported Marina Coast to establish Groundwater Sustainability Agency (GSA) for central Marina and Ord Community.
- I strive to create science-based policies such as applying Stanford’s Aerial Electromagnetic (AEM) Survey. Scientists can provide AEM imagery to help us determine and maintain specific underground drinking water resources.
- I see reducing the carbon footprint of MCWD as part of the next five-year Strategic Plan.
- I do not accept donations from large corporations.
Please support my re-election for continued work on your clean, healthful water.
Community leaders supporting Jan’s re-election:
Monterey County District 4 Supervisor Jane Parker
Marina City Councilmember Frank O’Connell and Linda O’Connell
Marina City Councilmember Nancy Amadeo
City Councilmember Gail Morton
MCWD Board President Tom Moore
MCWD Board Member Herbert Cortez
Seaside City Councilmember Jason Campbell
Marina Democratic Club
Monterey County Democratic Central Committee
Monterey Bay Central Labor Council
Monterey County Weekly
MPUSD Board Member Wendy Root-Askew
Real Estate Development Director for CHISPA Dana Cleary
Commissioner on Recreation and Cultural Services Commission Gainell Johnson
Former City of Monterey Councilmember Nancy Selfridge
Diana and Rob Creasey
Dr. Monique P. Fargues
Linda and Roy Madsen, PhD
Former Planning Commissioner Steve Zmak and Tina Zmak